WordPress Development Process
The process outlined below is used as a guide during development of a New Website Design as listed in our catalogue. For more information on the specifics of that deliverable, as far as
is what you would select if you want a fresh WordPress installation, or a WordPress installation that is cleared of existing content and restored to a copy of the newly designed site that we provide, after your final reviews. and approved site we provide. Below, we show a high-level overview of the process. Note that since every project is different, we do not provide time-frames here.
INITIAL SPECIFICATIONS: We start from your initial specifications. Typically, this is done by some combination of the following:
- Your responses to our WordPress Questionnaire
- An existing older website
- Additional revisions you provide electronically
- Electronic renditions of the new site’s content
ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS: We will seek clarifications on your initial specifications – typically done using email and/or additional questionnaires. We gather additional information and requirements such as:
- Page theme and styling selections (We do not use ‘WordPress themes’. See Why we do not use WordPress Themes for more information.)
- Theme components selected for each page
- Business requirements, unique circumstances, external system integrations
- Company information, your administration staff, email addresses
DESIGN WITH INCREMENTAL REVIEWS: We design the site in stages. While you review progress of the one stage, we move onto the next. Here is an example of what works best:
- Initial site review includes header, footer, menu, blog, and contact us page.
- Next review includes additional data on pages, testimonials, services, about us page, and staff profile pictures.
- Final review include portfolio, testimonials, etc.
FUNCTIONAL TESTING: You perform additional testing as needed and we make final adjustments. An example:
- You perform testing as your time allows, you gather feedback from your staff, and compile a list of changes.
- Working from your list, we make final adjustments.
- If all is good, you approve the final designs and functionality. Otherwise, we take another round of review.
MIGRATION: Your new website goes live.
- Old site is backed up, and prepared for installation (if we are using your server.)
- Otherwise, a new WordPress web server is provisioned (see Technical Specifications for more information.)
- New website is imported, licensed and configured.
FINAL SYSTEM TESTING
- Data Design Resources performs one last round of testing for functionality.
- We provide documentation as needed (Data Design Resources Knowledge Base is under construction.)
- We train your staff how to use the new site.
- We provide support to your staff during the implementation period.
- We turn over the keys, licenses, and all rights to your company.